Wednesday, February 27, 2013

REVIEW: Skinnygirl On-the-Go Bar



I was stoked when I received this Skinnygirl bar in my Sweetheart Voxbox. I've never tried any Skinnygirl products but I've always wanted to. I love Bethenny. Anyways, I thought I would enjoy this bar as a post-workout snack. I had the Greek Yogurt Blueberry Crisp flavor and let me tell you, it was delicious! The bar was very soft, similar to Luna Bars, which I like in a granola bar. It was sweet, but not overly sweet. You can click here to view the nutritional content and here to view ingredients.

Now I try and steer away from granola bars unless they are made from really good ingredients. This bar has some OK ingredients, but isn't as natural and raw as I would prefer. There is some added sugar and oil raising the sugar level to 10g and the fat to 7g. However, this bar does provide 5g of fiber and 8g of protein which is a plus in my book!

You can purchase these bars on www.skinnygirldaily.com or a local retailer that sells Skinnygirl products. I rarely see these products though, so this could be a bummer if you can't find them and are forced to pay shipping costs online. The second bummer.. the price. These are a little pricey at $9.99 per box which contains 5 bars. A $2 bar + shipping is quite costly, in my frugal, college student opinion.

So overall, the flavor is definitely there, and is perfect for an on-the-go lifestyle. However, there are better granola bars out there that are more natural, more readily available, and more inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment